When do you need a public insurance adjuster? How does a public adjuster assist you with your claim?
Updated: Nov 2
If you remember the time when you purchased your property insurance and the length at which you had to go through and answer the detailed questionnaires which covered many microscopic details about yourself and your property. Now that you must file a claim, you discover that it is just as difficult, or even more time-consuming and complicated to deal with your insurance carrier.
Complications to handle property insurance claims all by yourself
1. Do you know the true extent of your damages? A qualified licensed public insurance adjuster can assess the damage and provide the insurance provider with a clear claim picture of the damages or losses especially if they are significant. 2. Most property damage claims result in lengthy and complicated challenges. You need someone on your side to protect your interests. 3. Do you have enough spare time? Not many of us do. Let your public adjuster handle all the aspects of your claim, from reporting the loss to your insurance company then meeting with the insurance company adjuster, all while making sure the correct amount is settled upon. 4. A public adjuster understands your insurance policy and what you are covered for and what may cause obstacles. There are endorsements to understand and various details that can affect your claim outcome if you are not prepared. 5. Claims are settled upon replacement cost with most policies but are paid out at actual cash value.That means your insurance company can hold back thousands of dollars until work is completed, but you have to put out the money initially. This causes an extreme burden to the policyholder. Negotiating the hold-back money is a crucial part of the claim settlement that a public adjuster will handle for you. Otherwise, you are at the full discretion of your insurance company’s adjuster, who is working for your company of course, not for you.
6. You simply don’t have the expertise needed to get the best settlement for your claim.Your insurance company spends thousands and thousands of dollars training their adjusters to handle claims properly.
Here are some more reasons why you may need a public adjuster
· The insurance company wants to hastily settle your claim. Take your time and make sure you are safe in this situation. Sometimes what seems to be excellent customer service is an attempt to settle a claim for less money. Please take note of this warning and refrain from being rushed or under pressure to sign anything before fully understanding how a claim can affect you.
· Assessors employed by insurance company is ignorant of state laws. Insurance companies often fly in adjusters from out of state who are unaware of local laws. Every state has a deadline for responses from insurance companies and the processing of claims. Get help if an insurance company or adjuster is giving you the runaround.
· Insurance carrier offering inadequate settlement. Sometimes, settlement offers will not even approach the value of restoring the damaged property. This is where an expert who uses the same estimating software as the insurance carrier and understands insurance policy language can help.
A public adjuster, also known as a public property loss adjuster,is your advocate who plays an important a role during the claims procedure. We advise employing a public adjuster up front to handle your claim because every loss is unique and requires a hands-on approach to build a plan for your recovery. A public adjuster with the expertise of Citiwide Adjusters Inc is well-versed in Pennsylvania and NewJersey legislation. Additionally, we can give you a free evaluation of the loss at the beginning of the claim thanks to our many, many years of experience and dedication.
Citiwide Adjusters Inc. works on a contingency fee. We only get paid if you get paid. We work on a percentage basis, like lawyers do, but much less. There are no out-of-pocket expenses or hidden fees as well.
Our goal is to get the highest possible settlements for our clients. You can hire at any point of the claims process, but we have our greatest success when we get involved from the very beginning, before your insurance company has had a chance decide what they feel is fair.
We have been in business since 1988 and have an A+ rating in BBB and a 4.9 rating in Google reviews, as well as a top standard rating in Angie.
You can follow us in:
Check out our website and contact us here.The email address and telephone number are below.
Email : email@example.com
Telephone: + 215-498-6090